Easy Keto Beef Bone Broth
- 1 Kilo of Beef Bones – include Marrow Bones
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 3 Celery Stalks
- I Brown Onion
- 1 whole head of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180* degrees Celsius
- Place Beef Bones on a tray and spread over Olive oil and salt over the bones evenly and place in oven for 25 – 30 mins to roast.
- Chop Vegetables in to chunks and place in Slow Cooker ( Or Pressure Cooker )
- Cut Garlic clove through the centre and add to Slow Cooker ( or Pressure Cooker )
- Add Thyme and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Add cooked Beef Bones to Slow Cooker ( or Pressure Cooker ) and fill with water.
- Cook in slow cooker for a minimum of 12 hours on low. Best cooked for 24 Hours on low
- Cook in Pressure cooker between 30 – 50 minutes depending on type of Pressure cooker. Let pressure release naturally
- Strain out all the bones and veg and you are left with a delicious broth for drinking or adding to other dishes.
I always roast my bones for a better flavour. You do not have to roast them
You can add other herbs and spices to your taste or if I don’t have any fresh Thyme I will use dried Thyme.
You can add other vegetables also – just watch your carb count – ie: Leek is good! I tend to stick with the same veg for consistency in flavour.
You can freeze for up to three months. It never lastes that long on our house. Freeze in to ice cube containers or glass jars enough for cooking your favourite dishes.
A very simple but tasty recipe that you can drink each day to get your fat intake up…. And its tasty!