Keto Garlic Focaccia
- 1½ cups or 150 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 heaped tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cups of Almond Flour
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic and Rosemary butter
- 25 grams of butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe container and heat for 30 seconds or until the cheeses are melted and you can stir together.
- Add in the Almond Meal, Egg, Baking Powder, Salt and Garlic powder and mix together. I like to use my hand to mix through thoroughly.
- Flatten the dough into a round crust, about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter, on parchment paper or on a non-stick pizza tray.
- Make holes in the dough with a fork and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the bread has turned a golden colour. Remove from the oven and let cool a little.
- Mix together butter, garlic, salt and rosemary. Spread on top of the bread and place back in the oven.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Divide into 8–10 pieces and serve.
This doesn’t need a hot oven to start with. Keep around the 160 degrees so it has a chance to rise up a little before browning.
I like to use my hand to mix through the cheese and almond meal thoroughly.
Make sure you use Parchment paper – not wax paper or an oiled non-stick pizza tray. It has a tendency to stick to wax paper. Use a fish slice to remove from the bottom of the pan when you remove the Focaccia at the 15 minute cooking time to ensure it doesn’t stick.